Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sausage, Green Peppers, Onions, and Cheese Omelette with Baked TaterTots.

For breakfast, I made an omelette with sausage, green peppers, onion, and cheddar cheese; along with some baked tater tots:

I preheated the oven according to the tater tots packaged directions and bake until golden brown. In the meantime, for this omelette, I sautéed some jimmy dean breakfast sausage with diced onion and green pepper over medium heat, until sausage was brown, onions were translucent, and green peppers were softened. Next, I removed the sausage, onion, and green pepper from the pan and set aside, reserving a few tablespoons of meat mixture for garnish. Next, I whisked four medium eggs and added salt and pepper to taste. I added the eggs to a lightly buttered non stick pan. I pushed the cooked egg from around the edges of the pan to the center, and tilted the pan so that the uncooked egg was moved to the edges. After three minutes I added the sausage, onion, and green pepper to one half of the omelette, topped with cheddar cheese, and folded the other half on top. Transfer omelette to plate garnish with shredded cheese and reserved meat mixture, serve with tater tots.

No comments:

Post a Comment