Monday, September 14, 2009

Dinner: Baked Chicken, Field Peas and Rice, Macaroni and Cheese, and Cornbread.

For dinner I baked chicken, made field peas and rice, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. Here are some pictures:
I baked the chicken in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown.

For the field peas and rice: I fried two diced strips of bacon until brown, added one 15oz can of field peas, undrained, and a 1/4 cup of water. Add a teaspoon of sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, turn off stove, add cooked rice and cover for five minutes. Fluff and serve.

And I made the macaroni and cheese using my recipe posted here.

For my southern style cornbread, I used one box of Jiffy cornbread mix, added 1/4 c. of self rising flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil, 1 egg, and 1/2 c. milk. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. And here's the food plated:

2 comments: