Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grilled Pork Chops, Yellow Rice, String Beans, and Mac & Cheese

Dinner I cooked some days ago; grilled pork chops, mac & cheese, green beans, and yellow rice. Here's the picture:

For this pork chop dinner:
-I seasoned the pork chop with seasoning salt and pepper on both sides. Then grilled them on the gas grill.

-The yellow rice was made using Zatarain's New Orleans Style Yellow Rice. I altered the preparation directions and placed only 1 3/4 cups of water instead of the recommended 2 1/2 cups water. And omitted the butter. I brought the rice to a boil and covered, then turned the heat to low and set the timer to 25 minutes. After 25 minutes. Turn off heat. Let the rice sit for 5 minutes and fluff.

For the macaroni and cheese:
I used a box of Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
-I boiled the noodles for 9 minutes.
-Drained the pasta and added the cheese sauce.

For the green beans:
-I opened a can of green beans added butter, salt, and pepper. And microwave for about 4 minutes.

I would've made homemade macaroni & cheese, but was pressed for time.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm girly put the recipe! and make some greens i grew up in atl and love greens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is from South Carolina and makes many southern dishes. I always help her, and can make a few with some assistance. I'll ask her, she may cook some collard greens for the forth of July. If so, I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and post the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to edited this post to tell you how I made this recipe.

    ReplyDelete